What do we mean when we talk about AUTZ, EUTZ, USTZ?
EVE time zones roughly line up with peak playtime for that time zone. Since most people have 9-5 jobs that’s basically local evening hours.
If you take a look at https://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility the graph can be described as:
- EUTZ rise
- EUTZ maximum (the peak for the day) around 19:00 UTC
- Atlantic drop
- USTZ maximum (the small bump) around 02:00 UTC
- Pacific basin
- AUTZ peak around 10:00 UTC
- There is a relative lull when the peak time is currently over the middle of the Pacific. Useful if one wants to get through “dangerous” territory with less hassle.
- ET (EVE Time)
- 0800 to 1300 AUTZ
- 1300 to 1500 CNTZ/KRTZ (China/Korea), RUTZ (Russian/Moscow)
- 1500 to 2300 EUTZ
- 2300 TO 0500 USTZ.
- 0500 TO 0800 Deadtz (Hawaii/Pacific)
Thank you to commenters on https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/la36p6/eli5_eve_time_zones/ – /u/JoshuaFoirtain /u/KlingonAdmiral /u/haibeo /u/Bedda_R